If you run and own a website, you should consider creating a domain name first. It is a name in which you will use to identify your website. It doesn’t need to be an organization or company name. You can enter anything you want it to appear in the website.
Reasons to have your own domain name:
- Your friends, current and possible clients can easily identify your site name.
- It gives your business credibility. If they like your website content and products, they will be eager to do business with you.
- People will easily remember the name of your business name and website. They will visit your website regularly if you have a domain name.
- A domain name is also useful if you want to attract advertisers.
Registering a domain name is important since it is the main name of your website and sometimes, serves as a keyword for search engines. Most web hosting providers offer service like domain name registration for free, while some offers it in a specific price.
Tips and tricks on how to get your own domain name
Here are the complete step by step instructions on how to get your own domain:
- Always think of a good name to use in your domain name. It should represent your personality, goals in life, business, company and etc. Make sure you that your name is unique to avoid errors.
- For those who want to get a domain name from a hosting company, make sure you have a debit or credit card or a PayPal account. You will use it in paying for the domain service.
- If you are currently subscribed to a website hosting service, get the primary and secondary name servers. It can be seen from the FAQs section.
- If in case you still do not have a web host, allow the registrar to park your domain. By doing this, your domain name will be secured.